Peace Be Still
Ever feel discouraged? I sure do. When life knocks the wind out of me, I have found no better remedy than to fill myself up with words that are God breathed. This doesn’t necessarily change my circumstances, but it always changes my attitude, renews my strength, and gives me the courage to continue chasing hard after Jesus – even when life gets hard and doesn’t make sense. Here are ten verses that bring peace to my heart in the midst of trials.
· “Therefore, we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So, we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.” 2 Corinthians 4:16-18
· “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” John 14:27
· “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:6-7
· “But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.” Isaiah 40:31
· When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.” Isaiah 43:2
· “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.” Proverbs 3:5-6
· “Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.” 2 Corinthians 1:3-4
· “So, do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” Isaiah 41:10
· “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” John 16:33
· “I keep my eyes always on the LORD. With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken.” Psalm 16:8
Lord, thank-you for always being by my side. When my strength falls short, you are my strong tower. When my faith is shaken, you are my firm foundation. I know I can trust You. I know Your plans for me are good. Help me to keep my eyes on you – even when the struggles of life blur my vision. Amen.